Howdy losers 🥳
Some of you might remember that last year, I wrote a New Year’s message.
Well, I’ve decided to do it again. Learning from last year’s mistake of writing the message 2 hours before midnight, I’ve started early this year… 12 hours before. There’s nothing quite like a good deadline.
If you’re new here… welcome! You’re now part of my club.
The rules are as follows:
- Once you’re in the club, you will receive New Year’s messages from me forever until you explicitly notify me of your desire to not receive them anymore.
- I plan to write a New Year’s message every year from now on.
If you’re reading this it means that you belong to one of the following groups:
- my close friends
- my casual friends and acquaintances
- random people I connected with at parties, events, traveling etc.
- people who received last year’s message who I might have fallen out of contact with
This message is basically me saying, “Hi, I remember you, I like you, let’s hang out or do some projects together this year, here’s some thoughts that I would like to share with everyone.”
As you probably know, my mum died on October 12 after fighting cancer for two and a half years. I want to share with you three lessons I learnt from that experience.
- You won’t truly appreciate your parents until they are gone. Spend time with them. Fix your relationship. Ask them things about your childhood. Apologise for things. Tell them your thoughts and feelings. Say everything you want to say and make things good before they leave.
- When talking to people who have lost somebody, there’s no need to be serious or avoid talking about it. It’s okay to mention the person in conversation, or to appear happy when around them. You don’t have to seem sad out of respect. This is my personal experience, but I’ve heard similar things from others who have lost someone.
- After watching the insights my mum had and the state of enlightenment she reached at the end of her life, I can also tell you that life is short, and if you want to do anything, you should fucking do it. Don’t put it off, don’t make excuses, don’t let fear stop you. Don’t take life too seriously. That’s what I learnt from my mum in the final weeks of her life.
I hope this is of value to you.
If you’ve read this far – thank you and well done. I know it takes a lot of effort nowadays to focus on anything that isn’t a 10-second video in vertical format.
I wish you (yes you!) all the best for the coming year. May all your problems dissolve, your wishes come true, and your projects flourish!
You might also like to:
- read last year’s message, which is just as relevant this year
- leave a comment below, or
- send me a snippet of text, anecdote or joke which I will include anonymously in next year’s message
Happy New Year!
Frohes Neues Jahr!
Feliz Año Nuevo!
Bonne année !
Feliz Ano Novo!
Szczesliwego Nowego Roku!
Yeni Yılınız Kutlu Olsun!
Athbhliain faoi mhaise duit!
Gëzuar Vitin e Ri!
С Новым годом!
З новим роком!
سنه جديده سعيده
سال نو مبارک
TLDR FOR DRUNK PPL
Hi loser!!!! I like you, let’s be friends and do projects together. I’m gonna send you these messages every year until you tell me to stop 😂😂😂😂 My mum died this year 😭😭😭😭😭😭 Appreciate your parents and tell them stuff, and if you wanna do something FUCKING DO IT🔥🔥 Don’t take life too seriously!!! Remember to DRINK LOTS OF WATER before bed 💦💦💦 Happy New Year WOOHOOOOO!!!!🎉🥳🥂